Friday, March 20, 2009

Bird Talk

Two birds were sitting by a corner , oblivious to their surroundings. Mr. Quail and Mr. Duck, were sitting accross each other when they started to talk.

Mr. Quail: You looked plastered ! Wazzup,bro!

Mr. Duck: Man!!!This economy really sucks. I was having such a good time at
my Hamptons abode then, but now everything's gone caputz!!!

Mr. Quail: same here, man..what happened!

Mr. Duck: Well, me and my friends were minding our own business when
we see our friend, Duck White in his A-flock commercial that
earned him big bucks. We wanted a good life too so we
thought the best thing was to join the market. So my buddies placed
a lot of their eggs in one basket and asked me to check Wall Street
to check the market. There were many banks to
choose from but I thought the name Lee Man was better sounding than a
girly name, Mary Lints. Besides, my friend Peking, a household name in
China was a rich mogul and having a Chinese sounding name could bring us
luck.A month after, the bank collapsed..I should have known than to invest
in one of our kind….Imagine,I then realized I was banking with Duck Fold…

When the bank went belly up, I thought to myself, “I’m deader than a
dead duck!” How could I face my buddies now. I went to the Hudson and
swam my way around thinking….You know, that kind of swim where they think
you’re floating very well but under the water you’re paddling like hell…
That was what I did for a couple of days.

Then the news hit me that Lee Man was going to be bought out by a
relative. There was hope, I thought. What a jerk that relative, I think
he was called Bark Lee. Some dog! He only took the meat and didn’t care
for the rest. However, I was told we’d get our basket back without the
eggs of course. The insult is that the basket would be given when
everyone flew to a warmer climate.

Mr. Q: Did you eventually tell yor friends what happened after that?!

Ducky: Yes I did. At first, there was a lot of quacking, I thought I’d go deaf.
Then as expected, they chopped my head off and fed it to the dogs.
Plucked my feathers and made it into a feather duster, and skewered my meat
for barbecue. As for my bones, the pounded it to make into fish meal.

Mr. Q: what happened after that!

Ducky : What more could they do? At least I still had my dignity. I didn’t lived
in the Hamptons for no reason. I had a good life…But it’s not the same
anymore…..How about yours, what’s your story?!

Mr.Q: Am just an ordinary quail leading an ordinary quail’s life. Peck to peck
existence. Then I wrote a fiction about a Woman Featherweight Champion
which I entitled, “Loves and Life of Manilyn Quackyao”. I worked so hard on
the book which I considered my nest egg, and it became the No#1 bestseller.

Duck: What did you do with the eggs you earned.

Mr. Q: I heard this St Bernard canine, Maddog. You know he’s rich but the quiet type. A friend of mine convinced me to invest with him. Even during the economic slump, he was giving high yields of interest. AT first, the checks came every month, then it got delayed, and finally the checks started to bounce. I was stunned. When I saw on t.v. and learned about his Ponzi scheme, I ran like a headless quail. Clueless at just what happened.

Mr. Duck: What did you do..

Mr. Q: Then as fast as I was running, I stopped. I realized I just got burned. That’s when I stopped running. Now am just here sitting down, thinking that my life is over. But hey, I have no regrets. I’m just about ready to be gobbled up. I don’t care anymore.

Mr. Duck: Ho hummmm…Me too. I’ll probably end up on a toast or cracker. Or if am lucky I might be on board a rare dry aired piece of fillet mignon. I might even end up meeting my buddies, Truf Fle and Cav Iar. Then all of us can go in the slammer.

Q: That's the spriti!.…at least am sure that we’ll both be going out of a shit hole.

D: That’s for sure! And hey! Who knows , we’ll probably end up in the same loo.

Q: Two in a Loo Loo! Boo hoo hoo! ….But hey, let’s not gripe…who knows! Maybe next time we’ll reincarnate as humans. Now that’s something to look forward to.

No comments: