Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Chunky and Healthy

Pictures are very deceiving, and when my figure appears in face book from someone else's page, I go ballistic when the shot is not my best angle. And I’m talking about the one my brother in law posted during my granddaughter’s birthday bash. hahahaha!

Yes, I had a reality check. I used to dream I had this gorgeous Jeniffer Aniston body, when in reality, I could be a contestant in the show, “the biggest loser”. You know, it’s that show wherein you come in really obese, then you work yourself out until the one who lost the most number of pounds wins!

Nevermind the friends who saw my plump figure and mocked me. Or even mere acquaintances and long ago friends who said, “si vanette na?, haaay! Katambok na niya noh?” (is that vanette, HOW FAT!) But If my own daughter starts to comment and says, “grabeha nimo ma oy…pag girdle gud”..(mom! you should wear a girdle) ..Then this time I really have to take my weight seriously…..AS IN SERIOUSLY. Why? Well, it reminds me of this joke:

Ngano man ang baktin inig lakaw,magduko? (why does the piglet look down when he walks?)
Ang- ang, ma ulaw man kay ang iyang mama, baboy!…(Obviously! He’s ashamed that his mom is a pig!) ..That my friend is the. reason why I will now take my weight seriously.

My husband will never say I’m fat. In actuality, he likes me the way I am but cautions me on my eating habits . He loves those ‘love handles’ a.k.a. bilbils.. Instead of putting his arms on my shoulder, he puts it on my waist, where he pinches and kneads them. Well, that’s because if he goes any higher or lower, I smack his hand right off (if you know what I mean)

Ever since I can remember, I was never fat. I was always skinny, and even when I was pregnant, it was only my belly that would swell…oh and sometimes my nose. But I remained small. However as I grew older, I gained more weight, even if I do exercise occasionally.

If not for healthy reasons, I think plump people are happier. In my case, I am a cook (kuno) so I think I get more credibility than if I were thin. Unless you are a de Laurentis named Giada, who would trust a thin cook anyway? Di ba?

And just for some information, my daughter in law,the nurse says , one is a high risk of being a cardiac patient when you have more than .8 (point 8) . By determining the points, simply measure your waistline and dividing it by the measurement of your hips.

Oh no!!!! . Got to get more of those dvd’s on hip hop abs, pilates, salsa, taebo’s and kickboxings…. ….ebay, here I come!

No comments: