Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fishballs and Pinyakurat ala cuisine-nera

Last week, I felt like eating inununan or pickeld fish, so I went to the Oriental Store to purchase some fish. Since it was only I that was going to have it, I took the pack of 'extras' from the salmon. YOu know, those discards from the salmon fillets which contain tons of fish fat, and tons of meat still left on the bones.

When I got home, I made my own version which is really a whole lemon I cut up, salt, pepper, ginger and a tablespoon of butter. I layered them and stewed it in low fire for a few minutes. When it was done, I had my lunch with a glass of reisling wine. Since I was the only one who ate it (hubby and son were on tour for the band, daughter in law was working and kids were in school), I still had so much left over. So I decided to make my own fish balls.

This is what came out of playing with my food: Fishballs ala cuisinera




No comments: