Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Grocery Finds



One of the best finds I had a month ago was this cilantro cube. I don't know how many bunches of cilantro I have wasted, so when this box was displayed, I immediately got one and tried it.

Normally, a recipe requires a few sprigs of leaves, but cilantros are sold by bunches and you had no choice but to buy the whole thing. In as much as I like a lot of food with cilantros, my tastebuds often complain of redundant taste so I end up not using the remaining cilantro leaves. It is such a waste but then again, maybe am just a little wasteful....Got to deal with that habit.

I did try making salsa verde with the cubed cillantro and it came out just great. Of couse, the fresh is always best but this cube is more convenient. I boiled green tomatillos until soft but still firm, then I placed it in the blender with jalapenno, green peppers, shallots, the cilantro and seasonings. It came really nice with my sinugbang baboy. Then for garnishing I placed red tomatoes on top of my salsa. Yummmm...


No comments: