Sunday, January 10, 2016

BRAND AMBASSADOR and PERSONAL CHEFFING in ONE DAY

So yestereday I made my first personal chefing this year for an elderly couple   in one of those richie rich aparments  in  mid- Manhattan.  I am just a side kick for them since the couple have their own French chefs for the weekdays and another couple chef for their summer home..   But first I had to do my grocery shopping and specifically  buy my meat at Ottomaneli’s   and at Citarella for the fish. Price is no question for quality says boss.  Then I go to their  plush apartment and the kitchen is all mine.


What’s my menu for the night:  Irish lamb stew for the Mr and Fillet Flounder for the Mrs. with a set of veggies:  whipped potatoes and carrots for him and brocolli rabe for her.  All paired with wheat grain quinoa.  And dessert is a simple fruit compote. They are simple people with deep pockets….anyway...


So of course, I also serve but the Mr. has his own buttler/personal caregiver who also caters to him.  The table is complete todos recados so to say...Goblets with delicate chinawares, Silver utensils on either side.  I heat the plate up (yes, peeps, I heat up the China dinner plate so it is also warm when served and the food should be piping HOT when served)...So I do that.. And while they are eating, I put all the food that I cooked on a SILVER bowl platter  and place them on a hot tray, then cover it with aluminum foil..That way, when they want seconds, I just put the silver bowl on a tray and serve them….(Cook na, waiter pa)...-- mura lagi sa sinehan..


Anyway, so much for that.  This is one racket I love to do and I get a kick out of doing it.  


And when the dinner was  done, the Mrs. is always so kind to compliment me.  And this is what she said last night.


“VAnette, the fish was delicious and what a brilliant idea of putting slivers of lemon in between the fillet.”  (Mrs. always wants her fish thick and flounder fillets are thin so I combine two slices but placed a thin lemon slice in between.  And lots of olive oil, butter and thyme herbs which she loves)   and then my boss continues, “But next time, can you take out the toothpicks?  I almost ate them.”


Epic fail….(the reason why I placed the toothpicks was because I didn’t want the fillets to open up when I quick fry them to get that crunchy coat on the outside but still moist on the inside.  And because I got so excited, I forgot to pluck them out)..epic fail lagi!


Nevertheless,  I still enjoy what I do….OH and before I went to my personal cheffing, I was Brand Ambasador that morning…That was another fun  thing...And now my body needs a massage from all that fun…

Oh BTW, To all those who are in New York today, Sunday….it’s a “No Pants in the Subway” day.  It’s crazy fun in New York.


love that contrast 

at a grocery doing samplings

No comments: