Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Bedroom Christmas



I love watching the pictures and status updates in facebook.  If there’s one thing that we didn’t do  as a family was to take pictures of everyone at our very own noche buena gathering at my son’s house.  Why? because we were amused at the only two beautiful little  kids in the room who was screaming to their hearts content while opening their gifts.

I am not sure if I ever heard of any gift given to them by Santa.  They had asked for an American girl doll (gosh, these dolls cost an arm and a leg) and although their parents could very well get each of them, practicality just had to set in. The two little girls got similar ones yet not as expensive but still very close. But I love the way my grand daughters reacted and told their parents, “it’s okay dad and mom, we know we’re not rich and we love it just as well.  Thank you soooo much” 

But the one and only gift, which I was very entertained by my grandkid’s reaction was when my 8 year old granddaughter was given a poster----yes, a POSTER-- of the band ‘One Direction’---who the heck are these ‘puti’ juveniles?...She screamed and couldn’t contain herself, like some love crazed child.  I never did any screaming even as a teenager when i’d see a heart throb, and my grandkid is only 8 years old.  She wouldn’t even trade her poster with the child oven that could cook real cupcakes.

Anyway, and talking about having senior moments, I sent my son in law a golf score digital thingy which my daughter said I had already sent in the first package.  Now he has two of the same kind.  Oh heck! this is what christmas does to me. I get to send doubles, gave my sister in law an unwrapped gift (how do you wrap a rolling pin and a pie plate without a box)  and gave my boss a vegetable spinner hoping she’d eat veggies (is that crazy or not?)

Oh well, everything worked out well.  Sumptuous food, overflowing wine and lots of laughter at the dinner table just completed the evening.  And what did I do on Christmas day itself?  Nurtured some chills and a slight fever and stayed in bed the whole day! Seriously!  That’s what I did.  And the only entertainment I got was watched the DVD’s I got from the library ,occasionally looked into facebook to see friends spend their holidays and eating leftovers, cuddling with hubby and sleep,sleep and sleep!  Thanks for the feeds and Merry Christmas----now let’s see how the New Year events turnout will be!

okay, so who can relate to this???????
okay, so what you see on my body are all gifts! from the checkered to the orange overblouse etc... why the scarf on the forehead--for accessories! I'm a wife of an aspiring shaman (just kidding)....

No comments: