Sunday, October 24, 2010

Being Tambokingking is OK

One day my hubby and I were browsing over the pictures we took in one of our 'laag' episodes. There were lots of silly poses, memorable places and people craziness . Then it went to a picture of me in full frame complete with boots and coat get up.

I smiled at myself thinking how chunky I had become from being someone so lanky and malnourished looking into a gorgeous solid piece of gummy scultpure. With a smile, I looked at my hubby. His lips twitched and pouted which gave me the impression of thoughtless abandon as if to say, “Is this the woman I married? Boy, she's changed—well, I mean, sideways that is.” My grin turned into a quizzical, brows meeting look.

Did my hubby want me to be six again—well size six that is? Or did he want me to be like my daughter's size when I was her age and which was a '1'. But it took me thirty years to be the size I am today! Did he want me to shrink back in 30 days? You must be joking!!!! At this point in my life, I wish I was counting accomplishments rather than pounds.

Then again, I think to myself. Why make myself look like everyone else? I am not opting to appear in any film , nor am I going to be in the cover of “Vogue” or “Penthouse” for that matter. Besides all those women in magazines have magical formulas which they call 'Adobe Photoshop”.

Why will I expose myself to a lot of suffering just to look good? And for who's benefit? I'm healthy, I'm happy and I'm having fun. I don't need any testosteronic jugglers who look out for that willowy, curvaceous figure so they can fantasize on them. I'm contented with what I have, an apple body with an Adam who thinks there's no other apple but me.

In Rhonda Byrne's book “the Power”, ( the author also of 'The Secret'), she mentions that ' the positive force of love can create anything good, increase the good things and change anything good in your life.” Which to my translation is “love what you do, and do what you love.” So for this matter, for as long as I have love (love for my chunky body, hehehe!) everything else is secondary. Shouldn't you do the same?



spring/fall look..secret of a chunky body...wear loose clothing..hehehe!

No comments: