Thursday, June 11, 2009

PAW LITICS ( you scratch me, i scratch back) OR POO LITICS (i don't give a sh*t)

Yesterday , in Milk and Honey Land, an election was held for the primaries for governorship, wherein those that won would be the official candidate to run under their affiliated political parties.. Something like a Hilary/Obama vying as president for their Democratic party.

On the other side of the globe in Paquiao Land, the Con-Ass was approved, sending many a citizens into a buzz for possible people power number (?).

I am never one for politics, and in family parties, there are two topics we never discuss--which is politics and religion. Yet it is the most debated, and talked about wherever one goes.

Politics in America is highly sophisticated in their corruption, except for Illinois governor Blagojevich, who was caught selling Obama’s vacated seat. From what I can see, most politicians here, earn more money from their experiences and writing about it. I have yet to see a president or anyone in high office who has not released a book.

In Paquiao Land, I think politicians have their own sets of books which they use as reference to conduct their evil ways. Black book for their mistresses on the side, Bluebooks for corrupt officials they can rely on, or red books on dummies used for their hidden treasures etc..etc..

Last night, I was in chat mode with one of my BF’s asking about the political situation in Paquiao Land. I asked him about the favorite ones I have had before leaving the country. Those that I thought would not even steal because they were highly principled people and had inherent wealth of their own. But I guess I was wrong. My friend had something to say about each of my preferred candidate’s corruption.. He knows, he says! Because he has inside information! Tell me about it!

I then asked how to combat all these corruption and evil in the system, and the answer was a very blatant, “you can’t beat the system. It’s so powerful, that you get choked by it.”

So why do you think this happens?. Simple: Evil men prevail where good men do nothing.

What am I saying? America has its check and balances when it comes to moral standards. When caught with their pants down, they admit to it and/or resign. Except for Bill Clinton, who admitted his non-adulterous yet lascivious act when it blew out of proportion, Presidentiable John Edwards apologized to his cancer stricken wife for siring a child. New York Gov. Spitzer resigned after admittedly hiring a call girl, and New Jersey Gov. McGreevy also resigned after admitting his homosexuality and having an affair with one of his aides. These were good men making wrong choices,and bowed out gracefully.

In Paquiao Land, high officials consider it a status symbol having someone outside of the marital borders, and at the same time these #2, 3 or 4 are just clinging to the fences waiting for the go signal of the high official’s aide for the visa visit. Everyone knows about the mistress, but everyone seems to be looking the other way. Why? Sapagka’t kami ay tao lamang.

And how do they sustain many wives with a measly government salary? Simple. Slice a chunk of that pork barrel and bring it home, approve anomalous projects with an invisible commission from the contractor, and grease those greedy hands such that when they cling more, they just slide off into your prepared bucket.

The term ‘free will’ is a gift given to us by the Almighty. It is ours to dispense however we like to. And if there is to blame for all the suffering, pain and evil that we are experiencing, it is because of the wrong choices we make.

If we choose to look the other way and think that the system is hopelessly corrupt, then we deserve what we get.
If we choose to stay put in our own little houses, contented in our own gilgal,and never mind about the thousands that go hungry because of our indifference, then we deserve what we get.
If we chose to do nothing or even say anything, then we deserve what we get.
In other words, these famous quote…’YOU GET WHAT YOU GET SO DON’T GET UPSET!”

However, there are those who are serious in change and I applaud them for that.

For, the Artists Revolution , you rock!
For the youth militants who go out in the streets to voice their disgust, I applaud you!
For those with a Mother Teresa attitude and look for their calcuttas, I am blessed by your concern.
For those true, sincere and dedicated men in government (Yes! I still believe there are, inspite of) and have remained poor, yet principled and persevered, I commend you.
And for those of you , after reading this little piece, will be compelled to join a cause for a changed Philippines, thumbs up!!!!

As for me, I will sit back with my glass of iced tea and munch on my burger steak, while thinking what I can do. Hmmm…I’m miles away from the battle, but with technology anything can work….Have to start planning my strategy…….….and then, as MacArthur said, “I shall return!!!

No comments: